Wednesday 9 May 2012

Skegness Donkeys

It's days like today when you wonder if the sunshine will ever come back! So we thought we'd put you in the summer mood with our fantastic picture of the Skegness Donkeys. Without fail, these animals cheer us up, no matter what age. Whether it's a kiddy ride, a pat on the head or a photograph, these lovely creatures are like furniture to beaches. Although they don't show it much, I'm sure they love the fuss and attention they get.
Having grown up with a love of these animals, I have often wondered why Skegness have never had a Donkey Sanctuary close by. They would make so much money from the tourism and the donkeys and carers would benefit greatly from the enthusiasm - especially on days like today.
I loved riding on donkeys when I was a child, and when I realised I had outgrown my size for them, I was left with patting them on the head and giving them a well deserved cuddle - and needless to say, a photograph. To say thank you to the donkeys and for putting smiles on the faces of many tourists for many years, I am going to adopt one in an aid to support the donkey sanctuaries and their upkeep. Even a visit to a sanctuary is just as good as an adoption, so I would like to highlight a few of the donkey sanctuaries across the land. If anyone knows of anymore, then please email us here and we will promote them.

Radcliffe Donkey Sanctuary
Slade House Farm, Sidmouth Devon
Redwings

No comments:

Post a Comment